Collecting for a series

We all know I collect Metal Gear.  I am kind of collecting Bomberman games because I seriously can't get enough fucking Bomberman.  What about you classy gents?

Re: Collecting for a series

Balzak802
My big one that I am going to finish hopefully in a few years are all the main Final Fantasy games released on a Sony device. I just imported Final Fantasy 3 for the PSP from Japan for $52 and it was worth it. I only have Final Fantasy I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,X,XI,&XII but will buy the rest of them one day.

Re: Collecting for a series

78strider
Im replying to this threadlike 20 years later. I like to collect Metal Slug and Castlevania games. I also like to collect Teenage muntant Ninja Turtles games.

Re: Collecting for a series

Kazlab208
Well I don't collect for Final Fantasy anymore, let alone any other series. The only one I am willing to fork over some coin for is Shenmue. Already have the super limited edition of 3 ordered and will definitely pick up any new official Shenmue merch if Sega releases some.

And no, I'm not talking about any fan made stuff like those Figure 4 Figures.

Re: Collecting for a series

What is it about Shenmue that has you hooked?

Re: Collecting for a series

Kazlab208
Just a game that is like no other. Love the atmosphere, story, gameplay, character designs, etc. Also not trying to be a modern day sandbox game that just focuses in putting you in boring get from point A to point B missions.

Also gonna buy at least 3 copies of each version of the remaster as soon as it comes out this year.

Re: Collecting for a series

Hey if JT is allowed to own the entire Metal Gear Pog collection, then you buy every copy of Shenmue that comes out.

Re: Collecting for a series

Kazlab208
I sure will Deathadder. When I plan my second trip to Japan in the next 7 years, I'm gonna look for all the Shenmue merch I can get. That includes figures, Japanese copies of the game, posters, etc. Also hopefully try to find the town that the first Shenmue takes place at and walk around just like Ryo.