House of the Dead

Man, so much time has passed since I made this segment and I've been thinking about remaking it.  There's a lot I've learned from making this episode and the episodes after it.  I've got better recording gear for recording the Wii, ps3 and Xbox versions of the game.  And to top it the fuck off last night I found an interview with the developers form 1997 that sheds a lot of light on the first game.  The script for the first games segment has doubled since I've updated it.  Holy shit.  I think what I'm going to do is release the first episode as is then after I finish off this season I'll remake the first episode to make it the best it can be.

I feel like I'm falling into the Duke Nukem Forever trap.  I keep getting better and wanting to make every thing as awesome as I can make it and shit keeps getting pushed back further and further.  And with the set backs I've had recently which are all legitimate life shit I've had to deal with now that I've basically got the first episode done...I'm kind of scare to release it on TV.  It's a weird feeling.  I've been working so hard for so long and this first episode is not as polished as I had hoped.  There's some really cool stuff I've made but I think holding onto it until the entire season is done builds up too much worry about peoples reactions to it.  I mean sure only 50 - 100 people are going to actually watch it... but shit.  Ah well I might not make the February deadline like I had intended but I am going to get this first episode out and eventually I'm going to remake the House of the Dead segment.

If only I had found this god damn interview two years ago.  Ahh well better late than never, right?

Re: House of the Dead

Death Adder
Dude, you're Jerry "fucking" Terrifying, you got this! Falling in to the Duke Nukem Forever trap would suck, I'm not you and I haven't seen all that you have, but I'd probably just release it sooner than later, that way you can use your improved skills on future projects.

You could re-release an episode with all the added features later on and be funny about it, call it the Mondo Cool TV: Turbo Hyper Fighter Edition or something. But I don't know man, just my 2 cents, best of luck on the project though.

Re: House of the Dead

Yeah I'm going to release the old version first then replace it later with the improved one.  But the improved one is looking as lot better.